Hello and welcome to the Learning & Teaching @ Newcastle University podcast. This fortnightly podcast will look at all the great things we are doing in learning and teaching here at Newcastle University.
In each episode we will hear from a wide range of guests, and guest hosts to discover more about their stories and the work behind their stories. There will be long form conversations, magazine style articles, and much more.
So, remember to download, like, and subscribe where you get your podcasts from. If you are new to podcasts, you will see some useful links on each episode page. You can listen and subscribe directly from there. If you are listening through a phone, there are many podcast apps like Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcast, that you may need to download but ideal for listening on the go.
- Episode 007: Welcome to (back to) Newcastle University – Freshers Week SpecialHello and welcome to episode seven of the Learning & Teaching @ Newcastle University podcast. In this episode, we have one topic and two interviews that will explore welcoming new and existing students on campus here at Newcastle University.
- 006: Ideas in Academic Practice: An Audio Tour of the Newcastle University Branch Campus SitesYou may (or may not) already know that Newcastle University has two branch campuses; one in Malaysia and one in Singapore. In this episode Sue Gill from the Learning and Teaching Development Service (LTDS) and Dr Paul Hubbard (Associate Dean of Academic Affairs at New Med and currently based at our Malaysian Campus in Johor) look at what academic life is like in a branch campus, what the learning and teaching issues to consider are, and how Covid changed the branch campus experience.
- Episode 005: Introducing Emily and Josh our student podcast voices. National Teaching Fellowship with Dr Lindsey Ferrie. Part one of our look back at learning through the pandemic with Dr Adam Potts.Hello and welcome to episode five of the Learning & Teaching @ Newcastle University podcast. In this episode, we have three topics that will explore different aspects of learning and teaching at Newcastle University.
- Episode 004: Preparing students for their future, not our past with special guest Helen O’SullivanHello and welcome to episode four of the Learning & Teaching @ Newcastle University podcast. In this episode Suzanne Hardy from the Learning and Teaching Development Service here at Newcastle University speaks with Chair of the Association for Learning Technology, and DVC at Chester University Professor Helen O’Sullivan.
- Episode 003: Digital learning activities, new technologies, and online safe spaces with special guest Helen BeethamHello and welcome to episode three of the Learning & Teaching @ Newcastle University podcast. In this episode Suzanne Hardy from the Learning and Teaching Development Service here at Newcastle University speaks with education consultant, writer, researcher, and commentator Helen Beetham.