Hello and welcome to the Learning & Teaching @ Newcastle University podcast. This monthly podcast will look at all the great things we are doing in learning and teaching here at Newcastle University.
In each episode we will hear from a wide range of guests, and guest hosts to discover more about their stories and the work behind their stories. There will be long form conversations, magazine style articles, and much more.
So, remember to download, like, and subscribe where you get your podcasts from. If you are new to podcasts, you will see some useful links on each episode page. You can listen and subscribe directly from there. If you are listening through a phone, there are many podcast apps like Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcast, that you may need to download but ideal for listening on the go.
- Episode 031: Learning and Teaching Conference 2023In this episode, Holly Wheeler talks to Professor Tom Ward, Mack Marshall, Dr Amina Razak and Claire Rodgerson about the 2023 Learning and Teaching Conference and its theme Student Centred Education.
- Episode 30 – Authentic Assessment with Professor Sally Brown and Professor Kay SambellIn this episode, Dr Chris Whiting from the Academic Practice Team speaks with Prof. Sally Brown and Prof. Kay Sambell about authentic assessment in higher education.
- Episode 29 – In conversation with our new Dean of Digital EducationIn this first episode, Sarah Graham, the Dean of Education for HaSS, sits down with Dr David Kennedy, our new Dean of Digital Education, to discuss: David’s new role His strategy for digital education over the next 12 months The challenges he will face over the next year And how digital education will impact students once David implements his strategy.
- Episode 028: Season 2 preview with Learning Analytics updateHello and welcome to a special preseason trailer of the Learning & Teaching @ Newcastle University podcast. We also have an update on one of our specials from season one. Dr. Raghda Zahran, from NUIT, returns to talk to Dr. Matthew Forshaw, a reader in data science, and Dr. Huizhi (Elly) Liang, a senior lecturer in computing science, about how learning analytics plays a part in their courses and their teaching.
- Episode 027: Creative Practice‘Creative Practice’ as a discipline itself can seem mysterious, and yet we enjoy the fruits of that labour all the time; whether through live performance, in a gallery, on television, radio or online, but also in the shape of the built environment, in consumer product design, in the visual and sonic saturation of our attention, every day. But how can creative practice be taught?